With an easy-to-maintain stainless steel blade, this knife is ready for wherever your adventures might take you.
• Hand-wash after each use.
• Wipe the blade dry.
• Store in a dry place and keep out of damp conditions.
• Expect the wooden blade to swell or contract slightly with use; wood is a living material that can be affected by humidity and atmospheric conditions. If your blade feels stuck, use the “Opinel knock” — rapping the end of the knife on a hard surface — to loosen the blade slightly.
• Grease the metal parts, including the Virobloc locking mechanism, on a regular basis.
• Use a whetstone or other fine-grain natural stone to sharpen your blade. Make sure the blade is dry and clean, and hold the sharpening stone at an approximately 20-degree angle from the blade while sharpening.
Virobloc safety ring, invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955; the locking ring allows the blade to be locked in both the open and closed positions.
The Opinel N°8 Olive Wood Folding Pocket Knife & Sheath is a design icon. Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the No. 8 is an international bestseller; here, it gets an upgrade in beautiful olive wood.
• Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic.
• Keep it in your desk for workday lunches.
• Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s’mores.
• Carry it around in its leather sheath
AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: