Encounter in these pages a pivotal -- yet underexposed -- career milestone for one of the fashion world's most forward thinking designers.
Keep away from sunlight and water.
Hardcover Pages: 256, Illustrations: 240 color
In 1997, to the shock of many, the Hermès family handpicked the eccentric and brilliant Martin Margiela known for his avant-garde ideas and cultish following to assume the design reigns for the storied luxury house. That history is constructed here for the first time in ACC DISTRIBUTION's Margiela: The Hermès Years.
• During his four-year tenure, the iconoclastic designer, as fashion writer Suzy Menkes put it, produced for Hermès clothes that were elegant in an edgy way, making a clear statement about a masculine aesthetic but using tactile fabrics for a feminine allure.
• From renegade to regal, Margiela's ability to apply his unique design process at a fashion house with a vastly different sensibility marks him as a great designer one who understands traditional forms but always with an eye to the transformational.
• A celebration of Martin Margiela's stunning body of work seldom examined during his time at the French luxury house, Hermès.
• Published with the cooperation of the reclusive Margiela himself, including never-before-published photography, drawings, and testimonies.
• Accompanied an exhibition at the Antwerp Fashion Museum.
AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: