* Promo codes do not apply to this product, due to the brand's request.
This brilliant new book captures the youth, the times and the spirit of The Stones' formative early years.
In July 1962, a group of young men played a gig at The Marquee Club on Oxford Street, London. They called themselves 'The Rollin' Stones' and little did they know they would soon be making music history. And documenting 1963-1965 were two young photographers just starting out in their careers. Terry O'Neill, aged just 25, had a few years' experience photographing musicians and knew that this group had the same magic as another British phenomenon that just recently started to chart, The Beatles. As the band was starting to record and tour, 19-year-old Gered Mankowitz came along in 1965. His first shoot, the now famous Mason's Yard session, was so fruitful, Gered was asked to tag along on tour to America. Between these two legendary photographers, they documented the band's beginnings and created these indelible images forever placed in music's consciousness. The photography throughout this book is embellished with various memoirs and interviews, celebrating the early days and giving an insight into what it must have felt like to go from a small club in Soho with no record deal to touring the world a few years later with a number one record.
• Fantastic images of The Rolling Stones, featuring many rare and unseen photos and contact sheets
• Including quotes from Andrew Loog Oldman, Norman Jopling, Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Bill Wyman
• Features full interviews with Terry O'Neill & Gered Mankowitz
• Includes original articles from the Record Mirror (1963), Evening Standard (1964) and Detroit Free Press (1965)
• Hardcover Pages: 240 Illustrations: 22 color, 186 b&w
AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: