Each product is unique and original to Village Common. Our scents are inspired by the American landscape and hand-crafted in small batches in the USA. Each scent is named for locations held near to our hearts - childhood homes, inspiring travels, our rich history - and is accompanied by an original poem, penned by owner Blake Hays, meant to capture the ephemeral essence of each candle's namesake.
Be sure to burn your candle for at least 3-4 hours during the first burn. This ensures a full melt pool across the top of the candle to prevent tunneling. Trim wick to 1/4" and keep wax clear of debris.
Each of our products are handmade from start to finish in the USA including the packaging and sourcing of materials. Village Common products are fragrances with strictly 100% essential oils, without any synthetic fragrances or blends. Our base ingredients are 100% natural and free of chemicals, synthetics, and added alcohol.
The American Landscape Collection Essential Oil Candle is an 8-ounce, 100% soy wax candle infused with 100% natural essential oils and coconut oil. The synthetic fragrance-free candle is hand-poured into a reusable, custom white concrete jar that's handmade in Southern Maine and hand-stamped with each scent's original poem. Each candle includes a Village Common matchbook for enjoying the 50+ hour burn time.
• Appalachia - A woodsy and smokey scent that lingers like a night around the camp fire or a hike through the Blue Ridge Mountains.
• Back in Avenel - A fresh floral scent grounded by herbaceous and earthy notes, reminiscent of times goneby.
• Chisos (7825) - A heavy, earthy scent with the depths and mystery of the Chihuahuan Desert.
• Highland Dell - A spicy, woody scent with the warmth, familiarity and comforts that only home can bring.
• South Of Monterey - A relaxing and uplifting scent meant to conjure the essence of California dreaming.
• Sweet Atchafalaya - A light scent of sweet wood and warm herbs that lingers like an afternoon drifting through Louisiana’s wetlands.
AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Support Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: