In 1967, a 17-year-old aspiring photographer named Ed Caraeff found himself front row at the Monterey Pop Festival, California. Caraeff had never seen Hendrix before, nor was he familiar with his music. But Caraeff had his ever-present camera and as Hendrix lit his guitar, he snapped a photo. That picture - Hendrix burning his guitar at Monterey - has become one of the most iconic images of rock and roll. A photo that defined Hendrix as an artist, appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine not once, but twice, and launched Caraeff's photographic career. Burning Desire: The Jimmy Hendrix Experience Through the Lens of Ed Caraeff reveals never-before published images from the magnificent, Hendrix-dedicated archive that Caraeff compiled. From onstage to backstage, Jimi Hendrix was as electric in front of the camera as he was when he strummed his guitar. In Burning Desire, Caraeff showcases more than 100 images, including rare shots and contract sheets, and discusses his experiences with this incredible musician.
• Rare and unseen photos of Jimi Hendrix including 100 black-and-white and color images including the greatest rock-and-roll image of all time: Hendrix burning his guitar on-stage at the Monterey International Pop Music Festival
• Exclusive backstage shots
• Immortalises Hendrix's most iconic onstage performances, including Monterey, Whisky A-Go-Go and Newport where fans "may have seen the best performance of their lives"
• Contains many reprint articles from 1960s music magazines, covering the rise of one of the greatest rockers the world has ever known
• Hardcover Pages: 208 Illustrations: 18 color, 116 b&w
AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.
Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: