why this product

Whether the Quaich is used as a gift or a trophy, it’s a special vessel that reflects Scotland’s ancient heritage. Slàinte Mhath – good health!

use & care

A pewter gift will retain its lustrous finish with the minimum of care: If it has become dull, simply clean with a metal polish before you wash it. Always polish in straight lines for the best results. Wash it by hand in hot soapy water and dry it with a soft cloth

production & design

A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the bronze age and preceded glass, porcelain, and plastic as the household material of choice. These quaichs contain a minimum of 92% tin. Tin doesn't oxidize in air easily (it is often used as an anti-corrosive coating for other metals) and is favored for food and drink because of its low toxicity. Because of tin's malleability, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. (Lead was phased out of pewter many decades ago.)

about the designer

Brass Rimmed Pewter Quaich

$68.00
Wentworth Pewter from Sheffield, United Kingdom
You Get Free Shipping! This product qualifies for
free shipping. Details.
 
All options are required.
This item is currently not available.
Sorry, this combination is not available.

The Quaich - An ancient Scottish tradition A symbol of love and kinship, the Quaich is the original whisky cup and one of the most treasured possessions of those with family links and associations with Scotland. It has been used through the centuries to offer a welcoming drink to friends and visitors at gatherings and to toast the bride at weddings.

 

All products that contain pewter are lead free.

More Details

The distinctive two-handed design reflects trust on the part of both giver and receiver. Bonnie Prince Charlie and Sir Walter Scott are just some of the historic figures that have counted a Quaich amongst their prized possessions.

Small Quaich Bowl diameter: 70mm / 2 ¾"Height: 40mm / 1 ¼" Handle to handle: 125mm / 4½"

Medium Quaich Bowl diameter: 100mm / 4"Height: 50mm / 1 ½" Handle to handle: 160mm / 6"

Large Quaich Bowl diameter: 115mm / 4¼" Height: 55mm / 2"Handle to handle: 190mm / 7¼"

  • Materials: Pewter - 92% tin, 6% antimony, 2% copperBrass
  • Product Dimensions: H 4.0 Centimeters x W 7.0 Centimeters x L 12.5 Centimeters
  • Product Code: V176000358527

Shipping & Returns

  • This item ships directly from Wentworth Pewter in Sheffield, United Kingdom
  • Item is ready to ship in 1 Business Day(s). Delivery date will vary depending on your shipping address.
  • International orders may experience possible delays and take longer to arrive.
  • We accept complimentary returns within 14 days of receipt if the item is unused and in original condition.
AHA Guarantee

AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.

Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.

If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it.

Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at:

Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm EST
Have Questions? Just ask our Concierge Team
Just Added
Just Added