why this product

Elevate your beverage by placing it upon this gleaming, brightly polished pewter coaster—it is nothing short of a spotlight for your hot toddy or bourbon neat. With a soft felt back, the coaster protects your furniture not only from the moisture in your drink, but from scratches on delicate surfaces. Handmade from English pewter, which holds itself to enforced standards set out by the European Committee for Standardization, the coasters are 92% tin, a metal that is an essential trace mineral. The malleability of tin requires the production of pewter to include other metals, such as bismuth, antimony or copper, though, in order to be properly called pewter, tin values must reach at least 85%. 

use & care

Hand wash with soap and hot water, then dry with a soft cloth. Do not place in dishwasher. Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub it with a bit of standard metal polish using straight line strokes (not circular).

production & design

Arthur Richard Wentworth founded his pewter company in 1949 in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England. A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the bronze age and preceded glass, porcelain and plastic as the household material of choice. These coasters contain a minimum of 92% tin. Due to the malleability of tin, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony.

about the designer

English Pewter Coaster (Set of 4)

Kaufmann Mercantile from New York, NY
You Get Free Shipping! This product qualifies for
free shipping. Details.
All options are required.
This item is currently not available.
Sorry, this combination is not available.

Round pewter coasters with high-polish finish and protective felt back. High quality pewter consisting of 92% tin. Comes in a set of four. Handmade in Sheffield, England since 1949. (more info)

More Details

  • Technical Specifications:

    3.6 inches diameter (9 cm)
    Lead-free pewter

    Made in

  • Dimensions: H 1.0 Inches x W 1.0 Inches x L 1.0 Inches
  • Product Code: V176000283521

Shipping & Returns

  • This item ships directly from Kaufmann Mercantile in Brooklyn, NY
  • Item is ready to ship in 1 - 3 Business Days. Delivery date will vary depending on your shipping address.
  • International orders may experience possible delays and take longer to arrive.
  • We accept complimentary returns within 14 days of receipt if the item is unused and in original condition.
AHA Guarantee

AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.

Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.

If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it. No questions asked.

Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at:

Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm EST
Have Questions? Just ask our Concierge Team
Just Added
Introducing App
Just Added