why this product

Resembling a porthole on a ship, the glass window of this handmade pewter flask serves the same purpose—to allow for viewing. Instead of a sailor surveying the horizon or the choppiness of the water, however, this porthole allows you to keep tabs on the level of liquor inside your flask. The slim profile of the vessel—less than one inch thick—allows for discrete and compact storage in a sport coat or pants pocket. Handmade from English pewter, which holds itself to enforced standards set out by the European Committee for Standardization, the flask is 92% tin, a metal that is an essential trace mineral. The malleability of tin requires the production of pewter to include other metals, such as bismuth, antimony or copper, though, in order to be properly called pewter, tin values must reach at least 85%. 

use & care

Fill the flask using a funnel or a steady hand. Wash thoroughly with soap and hot water, then dry with a soft cloth. Do not place flask in the dishwasher. Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub it with a bit of standard metal polish using line strokes (not circular).

production & design

Arthur Richard Wentworth founded his pewter company in 1949 in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England. A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the Bronze Age, and preceded glass, porcelain and plastic as the household material of choice. While fewer dinner plates are made of pewter now, it is still the classic material of flasks. These flasks contain a minimum of 92% tin. Tin doesn't oxidize in air easily (it is often used as an anti-corrosive coating for other metals), and is favored for food and drink because of its low toxicity. Due to the malleability of tin, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. 

about the designer

Round Porthole Flask (6 oz.)

Kaufmann Mercantile from New York, NY
You Get Free Shipping! This product qualifies for
free shipping. Details.
All options are required.
This item is currently not available.
Sorry, this combination is not available.

Airtight, screw-top pewter flask with brass porthole and glass viewing window. Holds 6 oz. of liquid. Slim design for discretion and simple carry. Handmade in Sheffield, England, since 1949.  (more info)

More Details

  • Technical Specifications:

    4.5 inches high x 3.7 inches wide x 0.9 inches thick
    (11.4 cm x 9.4 cm x 2.3 cm)

    Holds 6 oz. of liquid

    Lead-free pewter

    Made in

  • Dimensions: H 1.0 Inches x W 1.0 Inches x L 1.0 Inches
  • Product Code: V176000283517

Shipping & Returns

  • This item ships directly from Kaufmann Mercantile in Brooklyn, NY
  • Item is ready to ship in 1 - 3 Business Days. Delivery date will vary depending on your shipping address.
  • International orders may experience possible delays and take longer to arrive.
  • We accept complimentary returns within 14 days of receipt if the item is unused and in original condition.
AHA Guarantee

AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.

Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.

If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it. No questions asked.

Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at:

Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm EST
Have Questions? Just ask our Concierge Team
Just Added
Introducing App
Just Added