There are few things on this earth as sad as expensive liquor hitting the floor. Don't be that guy. Use a funnel. Keeping a steady, balanced hand, replenish your flask and take your coldest weather whiskey to the woods or the dinner party, leaving only admiration, not a mess, in your wake. This funnel is made in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England, where a pewtersmith founded the company in 1949. Pewter was traditionally used for dinner and glassware in the 18th and 19th century until the making of porcelain. Today it is mainly used to create decorative objects and useful accessories, such as this flask funnel. A nearly weightless accessory that can fit comfortably in a handbag or pocket, you should take this along with you on a night of drinking, for sure.
The simplicity of this funnel is evenly matched with its low maintenance. Use warm soapy water to wash it by hand and let it dry with a soft cloth. Because of pewter's low melting point, it's very important to not put your funnel in the dishwasher. Chances are, you won't need to be washing this tiny funnel too often anyway. Pewter doesn't tarnish easily like silver, but if it happens to show signs of wear, you can use a metal polish, polishing in straight lines, before washing.
This pewter flask funnel contains a minimum of 92% tin. Tin doesn't oxidize in air easily and is a favored vessel for food and drink because of it's low toxicity. Lead was phased out of pewter many decades ago. Because of tin's malleability, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. Skilled pewter craftsman Arthur Wentworth started his company in a suitcase, eventually conjuring a catalogue of all things pewter.
Flask-appropriate pewter funnel. 1.25 inches x 1.5 inches in size. Nice to have when refilling your pocket Scotch. Easy to clean, compact for travel. Handmade in Sheffield, England. Pictured with Handmade Pewter Flask. (more info)
1.25 inches x 1.5 inches
AHAlife is committed to help you live a conscious and inspired life.
Many of the items you discover here are exclusive to AHAlife, which is what makes our community of designers and artisans so special.
If you find one of our products anywhere else for less than it's being sold on our site, we will match it. No questions asked.
Our dedicated Concierge Team is here to help. Reach out any time at: